Our bodies are under assault like never before – as our environment has become more polluted so have our bodies. Everybody should be on a lifelong detox program and practice EMF protection.
Natural ways to detox and not overload your system are:
Juicing with organic fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs is one of the best way to naturally detox. GAPS milkshakes are especially helpful to support the liver and help stimulate bile flow. (see liver/gallbladder for GAPS milkshake recipe)
This can be beneficial for people with overloaded detox systems. When we fast it gives our body a break from digesting and lets it work on restoring our detoxification system. By doing short 24-35 hour fasts every week you will slowly step by step start rebuilding your ability to detox and improve energy.
Fast for 24-36 hours. For example if you were to choose Friday as a day of fasting – skip dinner on Thursday and go to bed early. On Friday drink only water. Enhance the fast by doing a coffee enema on Thursday evening or Friday morning – this will unload your liver and reduce the flow of toxicity from your gut into the bloodstream.
Coffee enemas cleanse the liver and speed up the detoxification system of the body. See enema handout.
Take baths with Epsom salt, seaweed, clay and bi-carbonate of soda. See Detox Baths
Dry Skin Brushing
Stimulates the lymphatic system to get rid of toxins. See Dry Skin Brushing
Pulls harmful bacteria and fungus out of your mouth, teeth & gums. See Oil Pulling
Our skin has 2 kinds of glands that help us detox: sweat glands and oil glands Sweat gets rid of water-soluble toxins and even helps to get rid of toxic heavy metals. Oil glands help remove oil-soluble toxins that body otherwise has a hard time eliminating such as gasoline, pesticides and ingredients in personal care products. The longer the skin is heated – the more oil-soluble toxins are eliminated.
Never underestimate the power of nature. Nature is therapeutic and healing. Find a way to get outside more often and enjoy it.
Natural Supplements for Detoxing
Natural supplements to help remove toxins from the body include:
- Seaweed – natural balanced source of all minerals and trace elements
Seagreens Organic Wild Seaweed Food Capsules – amazon
- Chlorella – blue-green algae superfood great for detoxing
KingChlorella by Allergy Reseach Group – amazon
- Spirulina – another blue-green algea used for detoxing
- E3Live Frozen Blue Green Algae – a fresh frozen blue green algae superfood
www.e3live.com or amazon
- Zeolite – binds and removes toxic heavy metals
Results RNA ACZ Advanced Cellular Zeolite – amazon
- Beta-carotene – great for skin detoxing
- Activated Charcoal – highly porous and can absorb unwanted substances, carrying them out of the digestive track
- Diatomaceous Earth- an ideal internal cleanser made of silica. The product I like is- Nano Bio-Cleanse which added a tiny amount of sugar and vinegar to attract parasites, fungi, candida, and worms, from their hiding places. Then the Nano silica acts as cutting knives on the intruders. healingwithin.com
- MSM – contains Sulphur which plays a critical role in detoxification and inflammation Look for product that has been purified through distillation not crystalization
- Enterosogel – intestinal absorbent that binds toxins and other harmful substances
Identify & Remove Toxins
Our bodies are under assault like never before – due to toxins that we are exposed to on a daily basis. A toxin is anything that damages your body. They come from different sources – including from our food.
To avoid toxins in your food- which will hugely impact your health
- Eat locally grown organic produce, find farmers market – to avoid pesticides
- Eat Grass fed meat and organic meat -to avoid antiobiotics
- Eat wild caught anchovies, haddock, sardines, flounder and trout – to avoid heavy metals (Arsenic is a heavy metal found in rice and rice products)
- Don’t eat processed food – this is a biggie – but the single most powerful change you can make. They provide no nutrition and contain lots of additives. Chris Kessler, health guru, states these four “foods” can wreak havoc on your body:
- Cereal grains (especially refined flours)
- Omega-6 industrial seed oils (corn, cottonseed, safflower, soybean, etc)
- Refined sugar (especially high-fructose corn syrup)
- Processed Soy (soy milk, soy protein, soy flour etc.)
This is something we underestimate the importance of – what is in the products that we are putting on our body every single day. What you put on your skin matters – a lot. You may be surprised to learn that many of your favorite personal care products are loaded with toxins that once absorbed by your skin, can readily reach the bloodstream. Remember the saying “if you wouldn’t put it in your mouth – don’t put it on your skin.” Pay particular care to sunscreen – many are toxic – best options are zinc based.
Skin Deep – is an app provided by The Environmental Working Group – which evaluates and rates the safety of specific products. Check it out and see how the products you are using are rated.
Resources for non-toxic personal care products are:
- Aubrey Organics- sunscreen, shampoo, skin care
- Weleda- toothpaste, soap etc
- Desert Essence – shampoo, skin care, toothpaste etc.
- Kirks Castile bar soap
- Bronner’s liquid soaps
- Native Deodoran
Home Care and Cleaning
- Check your house for mold if you think there might be a problem. – constant exposure to mold can undermine your health. You can purchase a kit form moldcheck.com
- Keep your house as chemical free as possible. Avoid air fresheners.
- Many conventional home leaning products contain carcinogens, irritate the respiratory system, and contribute to allergies. The Environmental Working Group – EWG is a great reference for safe household cleaning & laundry products.
- Remember that new carpet, furniture, and paints emit chemicals – often referred to as outgassing. Having your house treated with ozone after purchasing new carpeting or furniture will purify the air.
- Choose natural pesticides such as Diatomaceous Earth, Borax, Orange Guard
- Household plants are great at reducing the toxic air in our houses. They consume the toxic gases and replace them with oxygen and other beneficial substances.
Water is an essential ingredient for life. Unfortunately, public water contains chlorine, fluoride and other toxins. The best bet is to drink pure spring water and/or to purchase a water filter for your sink and shower. For guides to choosing a water filtration system and to see the level of chemicals in your local drinking water check out the EWG’s Tap Water Database: What’s in Your Drinking Water www.ewg.org/tapwater
Since we spend a majority of our time indoors the quality of the air we breathe is important. A major source of indoor air pollution comes from water damage as well as toxic gasses given off by new products such as carpeting, furniture and paint.
Air filters and air purifiers/sanitizers are two ways to improve the quality of indoor air. A HEPA or charcoal filter will remove ultrafine particles like, dust and viruses from the air, while an air sanitizer will remove allergens, orders, and germs, as well as mold. There are a lot of options out there- here are few high quality sources:
- AirOasis air sanitizers – They use a technology developed by NASA – to destroy mold, bacteria etc
- IQAIR HealthProPlus – uses HEPA filters that employ a 4-stage filtration process to filter the smallest of particles
Protect Yourself From EMF’s
Cell phones and laptops produce electromagnetic radiation. While the research is still out – this kind of radiation may damage sperm quality, cause headaches, disturb sleep etc. Some steps you can take to reduce EMF damage are:
- Turn your cell phone on “airplane mode” when it’s in your pocket.
- Use a headset or ear buds for speaking but make sure the wire is shielded
- Keep your cell phone at least 1 inch away from your skin while talking
- Switch the side of your head you are talking on to disperse radiation
- Avoid using your cell phone when the signal is weak
- Use an anti-EMF case like Pong for your cell phone
- Install EMF filters in your house
- Do not sleep with your cell phone under your pillow or near your head
- emfsafetystore.com – has all sort of products to protect you from EMFs
- defenceshield.com – offers many shielding devices for radiation protection
- greenwave.com – offers products to protect your home from dirty electricity